Things I've learned this summer

Hello, it's been too long!

This summer has been fairly productive for me.  I finished the first semester of the RN program a few months ago and I've been working a summer job which keeps me pretty busy.  Grams from Hawaii is also moving here and I'm so excited for that. I wonder how common that is with other grandmas moving to an insanely new place at that age..

I've been thinking about some things I've learned as I love, love, love personal growth so any wisdom I've attained, I like to share it and keep it in record. (^v^)

So here's some things I've learned this summer.


1. Saving money is difficult because you start to feel like a hermit in your own home.  But 'free' activities don't necessarily have to be watching TV all day. It's good to expand your mind and find the fun in simple things like DIY's, grocery shopping, and going to the library for a change of pace and scenery.

2. Never, ever, ever feel like the mall is a good place to go to on your own if you feel lonely. Like going on facebook when you're depressed, it's a similarly bad idea.

3. Olive oil is not really a good facial cleanser.  Trust me, it causes breakouts. Just use cleansing oils that actually say they're cleansing oils.

4. Coconut oil hair mask is a great idea but it's a real b*tch to wash out of your hair.

5. Pinterest is your bff if you're bored, on a budget, and need some inspiration.

6. Using a CC cream as a makeup base makes a significant difference in how good your skin looks.

7. It's not as easy as it looks to stand up for yourself when you've been wronged because we feel so victimized, embarrassed, and pathetic when it does happen.  But if you do stand up for yourself and let others know, you'll feel embarrassed, but you'll also be making a change and if anything, letting go of the poison.

8. Save yourself the hassle and request a separate check when eating out with friends.

9. It's good to take your time while shopping for anything. Stop the rushing and enjoy the moment.

10. Take breaks at work, even if you have to force yourself. You're more productive if you do.

11. The Fung Brothers are amazing!

12. Don't easily give out your social security number over the phone. I know this sounds like a no brainer but you'd be surprised how thrown off guard you can be if that question pops up. Try negotiating and ask if you can use your driver's license or id instead.

13. It's cool to be spontaneous but it hasn't really worked well for me when I grocery shop for ingredients. I either A: give up on what I want to make or B: make bad choices for a weird recipe.

14. Anime is your friend when you're sad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2