What I've been up to...

Omg, so I joined... a dating app! 😖 I'm surprised at myself. Conservative me? No way! I made a profile keeping it as private as I could and answered most of the 'questions'. I've been putting this off for so long and I finally said, f*ck it. I'm doing this NOW! This is one of those things that I always thought about doing because if I don't put myself out there and wait for fate to kick in (if it ever does), nothing may ever happen. I've decided to put dating into my own hands and see what I can find.

I don't talk about my dating life at all because I've never had one. I went through high school with minimal interaction with the opposite sex and went through college in a similar fashion. Maybe it's because I wasn't in a university setting and didn't dorm. I don't know. The only thing I know is that I never got that experience and it's a little awkward to talk about it because it probably sounds so bizarre to people. I think that dating either happens for you early in life or it doesn't. I don't know how the universe decides upon that but I'm sure being an introvert didn't help me in the dating department. I can't say that I've never gotten the opportunity because I have; I just wasn't interested in the guys who asked me out or who seemed interested in me. I don't think it's right to loosely date someone I'm not interested in and I don't know if I'll ever think otherwise. I honestly believe that there should be at least some physical attraction when it comes to dating someone.

On my first day of creating my profile, I had about one creep and many others who just didn't physically attract me at all. I didn't reply to them. I feel bad about it but there are so many and I don't want to deal with guys who can't handle rejection. I also looked up 'online dating etiquette' (yeah, that's a thing, lol) to make sure I was doing the right thing by not responding to every single message. The 'creep' I was talking about apparently had no patience because merely a few hours after not responding to him, he sent an inappropriate message. 😑💧 Now that I think about it, that's a really great way to weed out poor choice guys from good ones. It's not a good sign if a guy can't handle rejection. I even look through some profiles and see if I believe there will be any compatibility so it's not always about looks only. The creepo was a person who I thought I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with in terms of their activities and interests.

Besides my huge choice of joining that app, I didn't do much today besides getting my blood drawn. We have incentives at work for having biometric screenings, physical check ups, and participating in health conscious activities. I think it's a good way to motivate people to take care of their health. Money is a strong motivator.

I wanted to blog several weeks ago but never got to it since I my orientation started and the busyness hit me like a whirlwind. I had a nice dinner out with my mom. We went to Panda Express and it was quite good. I had this chicken entree.



I like the design of the cups. It's very cute and suits my tastes perfectly. ^^ I may start bringing my own waterbottle to these kinds of eateries though. I can save more paper cups that way. :3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2