Just a simple day

Hello again! Where to start... Hope you all have been doing well. As for me... to put it simply, I ended my relationship. My 3 year relationship. Almost the entire time I was away from this blog, I was in Texas. I moved there to be with my then boyfriend and the relationship didn't work out. So I moved back to Colorado. I will save that story for another day. For now, I will talk about how this day went. 

I woke up kind of late. It's a little sad saying this but sometimes I feel my dreams are more interesting than reality, so I choose to stay dreaming..😴 I don't recall exactly how the dream went but I was with a group of friends exploring these underwater caves, except we could breathe underwater. And I recall we came to the end of the cave maze and I helped to push open this stone slab blocking the exit, and outside, there were these Greek looking people and we were hiding from them so we went back in the cave and closed the slab stone door. 

My mom flew back to Hawaii today to take back my grandma's ashes; without her here, I didn't feel as motivated..😅 Well anyway, I got up, ate my breakfast, and renewed my RN license. Better to do that before I start my job. If you are a nurse, you will find that it's so easy to find a job once you get a couple years of experience, as long as the job is close to your specialty.

I then went to the nearby Famous Footwear to get these moccasin-like shoes that I had been eyeing yesterday. Luckily, they had the exact size, color, and style I wanted so I bought the shoes, even though the sales associate was kind of rude... 

Do you ever have those moments where you walk into a dead ass store and don't get greeted or acknowledged in any way? Yes, this experience is a dime a dozen.. but hear me out. So after I entered the store and was looking at the shoes, she walked by where I was standing, stopped, made direct eye contact with me, and even after I smiled AND nodded at her, she simply turned and walked away as if I didn't exist whilst texting on her phone! 😷 I don't think she was shy as she greeted other people who walked into the store. 

I would usually be more bothered by this in the past but nowadays, I realize that this is a reflection of that person's character and has nothing to do with me. I know I am polite and treat others with respect; just because someone doesn't return that respect, doesn't mean there is something wrong with me. This is one of the most difficult things to realize as a human being, in my opinion. To react to rude behavior with neutrality instead of anger and frustration. 

But hey, I got my shoes! 😎👟 And I'm very happy with them. 

Now that I'm back home, I'm just getting ready for the trip to Wyoming with my dad. I hope we have a nice experience there and I'm excited to explore a new city! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2