BB Cream Review: SUPER Beblesh Balm Triple Functions & Aqua Petit Jelly

I've been neglecting makeup reviews for far too long.... gomen-ne! (> . <)  I recently had to restock on BB creams so I bought a couple online, one that I usually use (Super BB) and another that I've been wanting to try out. 

I purchased both items on ebay, the Super BB priced at $11.80 and the Aqua Petit Jelly priced at $11.96.

My skin type: Semi-oily

SUPER Beblesh Balm Triple Functions (40g)
by Skin 79

Description/Ingredients

This is my 'go-to' BB cream and so far, my favorite because it's easily blendable, gives a flawless finish, and looks the most natural.

Coverage: 4/5
This gives a very natural finish even though the color initially appears gray and ashy; eventually it blends into the natural skin tone.  It works well for faded, minimal acne and scarring.  It doesn't show dry flaky skin and has just enough moisture to give a semi-dewy finish yet not appear oily.

UV Protection: 3.5/5
Tradeoff: strong oil control, average SPF.

Oil Control: 4/5
What I do is limit a pea sized amount of this for my entire face.  This helps with oil buildup.  Like most makeup products, if I use too much, my face starts to look oily faster.  As this product doesn't tend to make my face look oily on its own, I feel like it does a pretty decent job with its claim on sebum control.  It works a lot better when I use a matte powder over it.

Scent: 5/5
It smells really good and fades quickly after application.

Packaging: 4/5
I like that it has a pump so it feels clean and sanitary by default.  After the pump can't work anymore, it's easy to dismantle the bottle so remaining product isn't wasted.

Overall:
I really love this BB cream and I've been using it for years so I can say they've been consistent with their product.  For their claim of it whitening the skin, I actually believe it because I used to use this consistently in the past and I noticed from pictures that my skin did appear whiter than it is now.  What I like most is the texture and how it's dewy yet not oily and it doesn't exaggerate dry skin like a lot of other BB creams I've tried.


Aqua Petit Jelly (40ml)
by Holika Holika

Description/Ingredients

This is my first time trying this BB cream and it really does have a jelly-like consistency!  I like it because it's refreshing when applied and has a cool, refreshing feeling on the face.  It also comes with an angled white sponge.

Coverage: 4/5
The coverage seems to be a bit better than the SUPER BB.  The color is closer to a beige tone and looks quite natural.  There's one thing that bothers me about this product; it seems to accentuate dry skin and doesn't take long to dry so you have to be fairly quick when applying it.

UV Protection: 3/5
Average SPF.

Oil Control: 2/5
Although this has a matte finish, I found my face looking really oily after only 4 hours.  I'm a bit disappointed.

Scent: 5/5
It has a nice smell, kind of like a clean baby.

Packaging: 2/5
I'll admit, the packaging is really cute, kind of like those mini jelly treats but it's not practical at all.  It's also kind of unsanitary having the product exposed that much every time the cap is opened.  If someone stops to think about it, what happens when the product starts to get low where the spatula can't reach?  The container isn't flexible so it's going to be a pain getting out leftover product.  Not my favorite packaging, as adorable as it is.

Overall:
I wasn't happy with the oil control and how this accentuates any kind of dry skin.  It's a cute idea but I don't think I'll be re-purchasing this item.

Here are some swatches of both products:

Left: Aqua Petit, Right: SUPER BB
Both blend very nicely, the super BB actually isn't as ashy as it appears on my arm.  It takes time to oxidize.

Comments

Noot Noot said…
Those blend really well, I've always wanted to try a BB cream but it's hard to find one for my shade :(

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2