Mid break crisis

I'm about halfway through my winter break and having what I like to call a 'mid break crisis'.

It starts off with me on my computer when I sneak a glance at my calendar. Seeing the inevitable doomsday of classes starting just a couple weeks away, it hits me. Have I been productive with my time? Omg, I haven't! D: D: D: I mean, I started off okay but then Aunty flew in on Christmas to visit so uh, preoccupied with humoring her.... What else do I really want to do before I go back to hell...school?!

I know a break is a time to relax, but I always seem to worry about relaxing too much and not spending any time with supplemental study and actual productivity. The curse of being an adult I suppose.

Like the freak I am, I've been logging down all the movies, TV shows, manga, anime, and books I've been reading, watching, you name it. It most likely stems from my desire to make the most of my free time.

Looks like I've rewatched 6 movies. I really need to find new things to watch. (-__-) First world problems anyone?

Aunty flew back to Honolulu yesterday so I was in a short period (approx. 1 day) of mourning. We don't have any extended family living nearby so I always treasure the time I have with relatives who visit. During my period of said mourning, I baked cookies and laid around watching movies or playing on my phone. A very sad time indeed, but at least my family got some chocolate chip cookies out of it. I'm happy to say that I baked a whole bunch of Chinese almond and chocolate chip cookies for my Aunty to take back home with her. She loves homemade cookies.

I didn't have much time to grieve the 'departure' of my dear Aunty because the very next day, my mom's friend's two little doggies came over and we'll be dog-sitting them for the next 10 days. It's okay though. They're both cute and easy to care for because they're so small. ^^

Tomorrow I'll be taking Grams to the library to get some books. Finally, a sense of purpose in my life.

I've got to do a purge, cleanse... whatever you want to call it. My diet has been shit for the past couple of weeks, largely due to 'vacation-mode host syndrome' where you have a guest in your home and always aim to please by ordering takeout or eating out or cooking delicious & not so healthy foods practically every day.

That means lots of green tea, kale, and fruits for me.

My idea of healthy

I think I'll probably start a study regimen of doing some NCLEX practice questions. I tried doing the Nursing Quiz Up game but I always seem to get sidetracked and play quizzes on non-study material *cough* Memes *cough*.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2