Piko Utatane dragging me back to the Vocaloid world

I think it was a couple of months ago but I somehow stumbled across Piko.. I really can't remember where I found it but I think I saw this video on a blog with Piko singing different anime openings/endings in female and male voices. I looked more into this intriguing character and eventually discovered the awesomeness of Piko.

In a nutshell, PIKO is basically a ryouseirui or "amphibian/both species" singer who can produce both a male and female voice. He's also the voice provider of Piko Utatane for Vocaloid2.

I really like his voice because it sounds different in the way that it's not exactly masculine or feminine but somewhere in-between which is pretty awesome. He also looks very feminine, I'm sure there are a lot of people who would see his pic and wonder, "is that a guy or a chick?" lol. I feel that I've seen enough metrosexual and feminine guys to know if it is a male or female I'm looking at so I immediately realized that he was a boy. ;)
I happen to be one of those girls who are really into the whole feminine guy look, at least, on celebrities. I think it's quite attractive for a guy to care about his personal appearance and embrace beautiful things in general, regardless of if it's aimed toward females or not. That seems to be the case in Asia (Japan/Korea) where there's a huge amount of male celebrities categorized as 'pretty boys', especially in Japan with the whole Visual/Oshare kei thing going down. x3

OKAY! Back to his songs, I sort of got out of the whole Vocaloid thing a while back but I did find a song or two that I enjoyed from Piko Utatane. One of the really catchy one's is called "Remember." Long song but I'm already addicted. (^-^)


"Remember"

Piko as a solo singer is also really popular given his cute and pretty look which matches his voice so of course he'll be given his own record contract! :D He's made several so far and I love almost every one of them! Here's a few popular ones below.


"Story"


"Nisoku Hokou" with Piko showing off his sweet ryouseirui skills~!!!


"Sakurane." I wish they used more of the traditional Japanese visuals. They were really nice! And Piko looks so pretty in the kimono. ("^.^")

So gorgeous! (*___________*) It's one of my dreams to be able to take a pretty picture in a kimono... Someday.

All in all, I think Piko is a very talented singer who should get more credit. He's like a dream come true for me because I like Jpop but he adds in a bonus as he also sings Jrock <3 <3 <3 AND has a vocaloid voice so he's pretty well rounded, including the little fact that he can sing as a girl, boy, both, and everything in-between!

I noticed that after Nick Pitera on youtube who sang "A whole New World" in his female and male voice counterparts got popular, maybe others are noticing and coming out or something? lol, like... it's more acceptable now because people aren't as homophobic as before, seeing as the singers who are 'hybrid' singers are usually guys?

I don't see myself listening regularly to Disney songs sung by Mr. Pitera but I am a regular for Jpop and Jrock so with my discovery of Piko, I'm happy as a cat drunk off catnip. :3


If you haven't heard Piko yet, you should listen to a few of his songs! He has a beautiful and addictive voice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2