Daily Blog 1


Today I woke up pretty late... later than I wanted at least. For some reason, my body likes to wake up at around 11:30. OTZ  I even set my alarm for 7:30 and woke up at 7:00. Yet me being in my lazy summer mode, stayed in bed and ended up falling asleep. (>_<)

So after I woke up, I did my hygiene routine like brushing my teeth, putting in my contacts, etc.

I then proceeded to go downstairs for some breakfast, err, I mean lunch. There was no one home when I got up so I was free to make whatever food I wanted. Yah! xD
(The thing in our family is that my grandma is on a strict diet and I feel awkward making food around her that she cannot eat. More often than not, she will ask for some. I am limited in when I can cook or bake because she usually cannot eat those foods. I know it's sad but that's just how it is.)

Before I ate anything, I drank a full glass of water. I always do this because it helps to re-hydrate the body after a long sleep (especially for me, hehe) and boost metabolism. It also helps with weight loss in the long term because the stomach is filled with water and not as much food is eaten.

After that, I got some eggs out of the fridge and put them in a pot. I filled it with water and set it on the stove to boil. When I boil eggs, I get them to boil first and once they are boiling, I put the cover on the pot, shut off the stove, and start the timer for 12 minutes. Once 12 minutes are up, I remove the eggs and place them in ice water so they are easier to peel. :)

While the eggs were boiling, I got some oatmeal, added water, and placed the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes.

We had no rice left from yesterday, even though I cooked it just 2 days ago... I had to make more. I made three cups of brown rice

I cut up two apples for some fiber.

I finished preparing food so it was finally time for me to eat my lunch! I ate my oatmeal, some toast, a boiled egg, and a slice of pound cake. I'm aware that the pound cake is a little out of place. I had also cut up the pound cake into neat little slices because no one wanted to slice a piece before eating. (=__=) I seemed to not have enough self control so I ate the ugly slice that was on the end of the pound cake loaf, lol.

While eating my lunch, I watched some youtube. I tend to do this when I am eating by myself. I really love watching Rafirafee's videos these days so I was watching one of her monthly favorite videos. 

Max was playing outside during this time. It was warm and sunny. I poured some dog food for him after eating.

Once lunch was finished, I went back upstairs to make my bed. This is a habit that I have been building since the beginning of this past year. I like it when my bed is neat and comfortable all day.

For the next couple of hours, surprisingly, I didn't watch any TV shows! I let Max in the backyard when he wanted to go out and brought him back in the house when he was tired of playing. I finished writing a blog post I started last week. It was more of a productive early afternoon.

My Mom and Grams got home at around 14:00. I'm glad that I boiled those eggs because that was part of their lunch. :D I ate with them but I just had some delicious roasted squash Mom made and the sliced apples.

I texted with my school friend. I am sad at the fact that she will not be with me in the last semester of nursing school. This is not the first time my friends did not end up in the same class as me so it's nothing that new. I just really wished she would be with me throughout all the semesters because we got along together so well and I don't have the best rapport with others in the class. I wonder if it's because they're at such different life stages than me?

The weather has gotten very stormy this afternoon. I love it-! \("^o^")/ Cozy weather is the best.

I played some Fatal Frame II. I use a walkthrough because that's how much I suck at that game. OTZ It was fun and I got through another chapter of it.

Later, I drank wine with my parents and we had cheese and crackers. I really have to lay off that stuff because I've gained weight this past summer. D: It's a bit depressing. I checked myfitnesspal and the last time I used it, I was only 108 lbs! I've gained quite a bit since then. And I'm a short person so even a couple of lbs is not good. Plus, I'm Japanese so *ugh...* we have a stricter BMI scale.

While we were drinking wine, we were sitting outside in the backyard. The weather was so nice. It was around 19:00 and it was cool and breezy. The sun was low in the sky. I really wanted to stay and drink because we were all outside together. Even Grams was outside. But I had to walk Max so I put my drink in the fridge and took him. It was a good walk though. I tried to walk a different route than usual.

Later, I watched the last few episodes of Mr. Robot. I was planning on watching just one episode but they were so good, I just finished off the first season. Now, I'm very excited for season 2. It's not on Amazon Prime right now so I'll have to find another way to watch it.

I took out my thick pink blanket. The weather has finally started to cool down (well, in the evenings at least) and when I have my window open, it gets a bit too cold for the thin blanket. After setting up the new blanket, I felt so comfortable! 46

I stayed awake longer than I wanted.. but I've found over time that I really can't control what time I fall asleep unless I'm on a strict schedule (which I'm not).

My computer was on sleep mode and it turned itself on at about 3:00. That was freaky... I've been reading too many urban legend stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2