WarnerBros DC Animated Movies: Pt 1

Yes, I have been filling the void, as my brother has told me.155

After the end of Game of Thrones season, The Flash season 2, and Young Justice I felt this large hole in my heart... T-T

So I went off in search of something that would inspire me once more and discovered the DC animated movies! I heard that the newer ones had very nice animation, similar to a high quality anime and I thought, why not?

And that was the start of my binge watching. I thought I'd give a light review of each. Some were very awesome, some were just pretty to watch. It was interesting how a studio that made such great movies could have such bad ones too. I like consistency...

I'll start with my favorites.

1. Son of Batman


By far my favorite DC animation. I love everything about it. They animation style (especially), plot, and character development are all well developed. The animation kind of looks anime inspired but with none of the 'kawaii' content. It's very fun and amusing watching Batman's relationship with his son form after never knowing he had a son. I also love how Damian had to transform from being simply an assassin to someone with a sense of mercy.
4/5

2. Batman: Under the Red Hood


This movie has a very good story. It kept me hooked throughout the entire movie because I wondered when Jason Todd would show up again and why he was so angry with Batman. Character designs were okay but not as sleek-looking as Son of Batman's animation style. I felt like only Jason was animated with closer attention to detail compared to the other characters.
4/5

3. Batman: Assault on Arkham


This movie was so much fun! There's something about 'bad' characters doing whatever the hell they want that's so liberating. I like how each of the characters in the Suicide Squad had to get organized and find a way to work together. The animation is top notch. I think that if DC doesn't do the anime-ish style, they should use this style for character designs.
4/5

4. Justice League vs Teen Titans


Back to anime style. This was the first DC animated movie I watched. The style is anime inspired and this movie isn't afraid to admit it. In fact, there's a DDR scene and this (kind of awkward) magical girl transformation scene. I didn't think those were necessary but they put them in for some reason. I guess the director likes that kind of stuff? The story was pretty cool, going into Raven's backstory and stopping her evil dad from destroying the world.
3.5/5

5. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox


I've heard people complain about some of the character designs of this movie (well, mainly Superman's design). Personally, it didn't bother me terribly, since the significant characters (The Flash and Batman) are okay. Some also argue that they wish the movie didn't force feed Batman down our throats. I haven't had too much of Batman yet so it doesn't exactly bother me although I can see their point. It's supposed to be a movie about Barry yet they have Batman playing a big role in it. Well, I would think that even The Flash needs help sometimes so I was glad they had another big character to support him. Another thing that surprised me about this movie was how ultra violent it was. There were guns and all but having someone be-headed, having a person's chest ripped open to reveal their beating heart, and finally a close up of someone being shot straight through their brain? I'm honestly surprised this wasn't rated R. Well, as long as little kids aren't watching this.
4/5

6. Batman: Bad Blood


I thought this movie was engaging enough to follow through until the end. The animation has continuity with Son of Batman which I appreciate. I also enjoyed seeing different characters of the 'Bat Family'. One of the things that really bothered me about this movie was the villain and their/her weird plot. I didn't really understand her plot to brainwash those people and Batman. Not that I really know Talia's character, but I never took her to be the type to want to 'have' someone even in a brainwashed state. It's just kind of strange because the last time I saw her, she was leaving peacefully to have her son raised by his dad. And now she comes back just wanting to brainwash him? I found that very out of character among other things she did.
3.5/5

7. Justice League: Doom


This movie was fun, if not a bit over the top. The animation was clean and flowed well. The designs of the characters were also nice; they were similar but not quite on par with Young Justice's designs. It's basically about how Vandal Savage hacks into Batman's files and steals his info on other JL member's weaknesses. There were a few that were a bit lame like Green Lantern's but I just went with it. I appreciate the movie explaining Vandal Savage's origin story. As someone who hasn't read the comics, it helped me to understand his motives just a teensy bit better even though his reasoning was still stupid. Overall, still entertaining.
3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

I dyed my hurr!: Kao Liese Bubble Hair Color, Milk Tea Brown