Absorbed in my hobbies

Baby kale sprouts
As my job hunt continues, I need things to focus on to keep from despairing. That sounds depressing.. But it's so true. It's not easy to find a job these days.

I started gardening and the first plants I tried were kale seeds. My mom had them and intended to grow kale last year but never got to it. I beat her to the punch and planted these little guys. And they grew! I'm really happy because I always thought of myself as a plant killer. Hopefully by doing my research, I'll have good results with the kale.

I also planted some flower seeds: morning glories, forget-me-nots, bachelor's buttons, and oriental poppies. I'm a bit worried about the poppies. Some describe them to be like a weed although I guess they're picky? There were some reviews talking about how poppies can be difficult to grow in pots. Other reviews say they're easy to grow. We'll see.

My other favorite hobby is cooking and baking. I made cream stew again last week. It turned out very good! I'm glad that anime recipe is still working well.


A few days later, I used my vegan chocolate cake recipe to make some chocolate muffins. I saw someone on a youtube video eating one and it looked so delicious! I had to make some myself. The ones I buy at the store are a bit too sweet for my liking.


I've been eating out more often (with the fam). I took some food pics. Yeah, I'm one of those Asian girls that likes to take pictures of food I eat when I'm out. :P  I also baked chocolate cookies (I bake these a lot) but since it's so common, I didn't take a pretty picture. Maybe next time!


Kale pizza from a 'natural food' restaurant. The pizza had good flavor but the crust was somewhat wet...


The restaurant had these long tables and running across it was a cute succulent display. It was fake though. :(


We went to that same restaurant on a different day with my mom's friend and I got a half basil chicken sandwich. I'm glad I got the half. This was perfect for me!The bread was slightly too toasted but it was still yummy.


I went with my mom and sister to a local Vietnamese restaurant. I had the beef pho and it was delicious as usual. The vegetables they provide are always very fresh and the food is served piping hot.

The new server there is super nice and accommodating. He's probably the best waiter I've ever had at a Vietnamese restaurant. I speculate he might be new to English (not sure, just a guess!) but it doesn't interfere with his work. I really respect him for his diligence. My sister kinda stopped drinking her water after a while though because he has this thing where if our water goes down maybe an inch, he would stop by to refill it right away! lol It gets a little awkward since we're not used to being doted on so much by our server.

Sorry, not a pretty picture. I was too impatient.
This is the bibimbap I had last night. Just one day after having pho, my dad wanted to go out to eat (he was kind of stressed/mad at my grandma) so I went with him. We chose a K-BBQ restaurant because I mentioned before that I wanted bibimbap. I'm sad to say that our experience there with our servers was the polar opposite of what I got from the Vietnamese restaurant. If you want to read my rant about that place, you can find it here or just read the post prior to this one. ;)

Right now, we're dog sitting again. I'm really happy; I love dogs and the two little guys are super cute!


This one is super soft. Softer than the softest plush doll.. x3 He likes to spend time in my brother's room so unfortunately, I don't see him as often as I would like.

My mom and I do the most work in taking care of the dogs. She usually feeds them breakfast and I feed them lunch/snacks/dinner. I probably take them for more walks too, just because... you know, my unemployed bum status. 


I took Scruffs for a walk before the two dogs came over. I think he was happy. It was a nice day for a walk and I finally took him on the trail he wanted to see.

The weather has been so beautiful and warm these days. I'm actually missing my cozy snowy weather. It's strange that I haven't seen it at all this February.


Comments

Mari said…
The Kale sprouts look really pretty and aesthetic like :D Brock's cream stew is never going to go out of style lol.

I would love to be friends. Please check out my blog?

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2