Job hunting *Siiiiiiiiiigh...*

A cake mom got for me ^^
It's been about a month and I'm super happy to say that I passed that NCLEX exam!! ***\(^ o ^)/***

Flowers from my sister.. (>w<)
Once celebrations were over, reality soon kicked in and now I'm doing what most sane people hate doing..... Job hunting. Bleh

I was so stressed about everything that happened: pressure to pass the NCLEX, the job hunt, anticipating buying a new place, hoping I won't be an unemployed sack of potatoes for too long withering away until not even my reputation can save me... All this stress seemed to implode within me and I ended up having what's called a stress rash. I admit, it kind of sucked although I won't complain much since I'm sure worse things could happen; I should be grateful that it was only an itchy rash on my torso and arms. Somehow, my face was spared. (o_O)

Now it's been about half a month since I passed NCLEX and my stress rash seems to be going away. I started to drink some peppermint tea a few days ago and that's when the symptoms of my rash began to disappear! I was no longer so itchy and I could see the rash fading. I don't know if this is coincidence or not but it's good to note this little detail.

I'm trying hard not to get too stressed right now because I want that rash to disappear for good! I'm working on finding the most efficient way to job hunt. I try to be somewhat selective because I want to avoid the nightmare of accepting a job that I despise working at. (Note: this has happened to me before).

Our nursing program required us to complete a portfolio in our last semester and I'm really glad they did. My portfolio helps me to focus on improving my resume and cover letter. It also helps me to prepare for a potential interview.

Right now, I have a sort of schedule of when I apply for jobs. I don't do it every day because if I do, the quality of my applications seem to decrease and I begin to dread applying for jobs. So I take weekends as my 'free' days. I also don't let myself apply for jobs that I know I will hate. I stay away from the jobs with bonus incentives; I always get really suspicious of these kinds of job posts. I think to myself, "what's the catch?"

Besides job hunting, I've been focusing more on just helping around the house since I'm unemployed. I do chores like washing dishes, vacuuming, taking care of Scruff, cooking, etc. I know, I'm basically a housewife. But hey, there's no shame in that! I also help more with my grandma. Today I took her to the store and helped her choose some reading glasses. Since my stress rash, I've been trying to get more in touch with nature and my spiritual side. I started gardening with planting some kale seeds. I plan to plant some morning glories and grow some herbs indoors. I think it's been helping me. I'm going to put more effort into spending less time on youtube and playing FFXV and more time with productive tasks. These tasks include:
  • Housework
  • Cooking / Baking
  • Paying attention to Scruff
  • Helping grandma
  • Reading (ideally self enrichment books)
  • Applying for jobs
  • Preparing for interview
  • Doing practice questions to maintain nursing knowledge (I know, I'm sick for doing this again)
  • Gardening
  • Blogging ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2