Our shitty service at the Korean restaurant

This happened yesterday when my dad and I went to get dinner at a Korean BBQ restaurant.

When we first arrived, everything was still sunshine and rainbows. We were finally going to get some Korean food~! There weren't many people there, maybe two tables besides us and we were greeted and seated. After a little while, this waitress comes by. Unsmiling, she takes our order in a just-get-it-done fashion. I'm not particularly peeved by this so things are still 'okay'. She brings over the banchan (side dishes) and sort of plops them on the table, making a small thud with each dish. I noticed other tables were treated in a similar manner with different waiters. I don't like it when servers set dishes on the table and let them clunk loudly, ESPECIALLY with lightweight dishes like banchan. I mean, really? I honestly think it just gives an impression of the server being angry. We got our food pretty damn quick. I ordered a bibimbap and my dad got the sushi. I weakly tried to steer him toward getting a Korean dish instead since it was a Korean BBQ restaurant but he insisted on sushi and a beer.

The bibimbap was okay. Nothing spectacular. It's not a hot dish so I won't deduct points for that but the taste wasn't anything amazing. I don't think it was worth the $10. My dad's sushi on the other hand, was pretty terrible. The rice was on the verge of getting hard and on top of that, it was cold! I don't expect sushi to be hot but I expect it to be room temperature and made with fresh rice. The sushi we got felt like it was made from day old rice and was sitting in the fridge for a few minutes prior to reaching our table. Not worth the price!!! >:(  My dad asked that waitress if he could get his beer and she was like, "Oh. Okay." and left without ever returning. He had to ask another waiter for his beer. We finish our food and we're waiting around. My dad asks the waitress if they got our takeout order of bulgogi (for my brother) and she was like, "Oh... No." and just walks back toward the kitchen.       

.
.
.
.
.

*facepalm*

I think my dad stopped her again since she never, EVER asked if we needed anything and asked her for a box for the shitty sushi. Of course, she says "Okay." and never returns again. So again, same story. Dad asks a different waiter for a takeout box and he brings it to him promptly.

We finally get to leave and of course, no one notices us leaving/they don't give a shit so we just walk out of there. Not that I expected a "bye, thank you!"

I mentioned all of this to my dad after we left. I asked if he even bothered tipping. My dad must be really nice because he left 15%. He had to ask for someone else for help 3 times! When I think back on it, maybe he shouldn't have tipped at all. But we weren't sure who our assigned waiter was (if we ever had one) so we didn't want to burn some innocent waiter if it was a shared tip; the people he asked did get his things right away after all.

I think that restaurant seriously needs to work on their customer service or just get rid of that shitty waitress. I read some reviews on the restaurant; other people have complained about that same waitress and the staff in general! They won't be able to rely on their monopoly status of being the only Korean BBQ restaurant in the area for long.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2