Bittersweet

It's been about a couple of days since my Aunty left back for Hawaii. I miss her, though the feeling is not painful. We don't have any extended family where we live. So each time they visited us, I would always have that feeling of emptiness when they left. I would feel quite sad. But now, I don't feel that sadness. I actually have more of a bittersweet feeling.

I vividly remember my feelings when I was little, how I would silently cry on the car ride home after family get together's because I wished we could always be together. Who knew my feelings would have so much more meaning because after we moved away, we would not be able to attend those gatherings anymore. Our fate of growing farther apart would be inevitable.

I've grown accustomed to this feeling of loss. I try to look forward to the future. Instead of feeling like they've left us, I feel like they're just going home and we can look forward to their next visit or  my next visit to them.

Life is full of possibilities. The glass is not half empty, it's half full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

I dyed my hurr!: Kao Liese Bubble Hair Color, Milk Tea Brown