Cute Apple Pie

Now I know why I haven't been posting any pics in so long. It's because I accidentally put my camera cord in a box that I stashed away up high in my closet.. Of course it's the last place I look. D:
I must have been in denial.


So the latest and greatest, I finally baked an apple pie from scratch! Even the filling! Yay~!!!

I tried my best with the cross hatch thing on the top of the pie. It seemed difficult at first but it really isn't. I subscribe so some awesome cooking gurus and this recipe was by this Japanese guy. His username is runnyrunny999.. I think his name is contradictory to his videos, you know, the word runny doesn't make me think of anything pleasant. Buuuuuuuuuuuut anyway! Back to the main topic, I think his recipes are awesome; simple yet aesthetically pleasing.

More detail of the crosshatch. I added beaten egg yolks on the top to get that crispy brown color. Should have added more egg yolk... damn.

I haven't tasted it yet, (omg right?) but I'll probably eat it tomorrow. I'm just so full today! It's messed up since I had too much pizza so I have no urge to eat anything else now. And I worked so hard to make this pie!!!! It smelt good though.



This pie was actually a really laid back process. I refrigerated the flour and butter, rolled it, put it back in for an hour, rolled it again, and put it back in the fridge for another 25 minutes. It was fun using a wooden roller after all these years. xP

Making the apple filling was cool too because I got to see osmosis in real time action! lol Pouring sugar on apples and heating it in the frying pan takes out a lot of water from the apples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2