Cooking fried food is a B**CH-!.... But SO worth the efforts.

Yes in every sense of the word, I do mean that.  But in the nicest way possible.

Somehow I got tangled up in making chicken katsu for my bro after another one of his 'deals'.  I went ahead and said I would make chicken katsu within the week.  True to my word, I did.  It turned out great too aside from the fact that I was in the kitchen 5 hours straight cooking AND cleaning.

Here's the results:



I made a double batch so that's probably the reason why I took so long...  But at least the katsu lasted more than a day!

My bro also requested I make korokke which is a Japanese potato mixture shaped into flat ovals, dipped into batter and panko, and fried; it's similar to any other type of tempura except it's potato mix.  I ended up cooking the korokke the next day because I was just too exhausted from cooking the chicken katsu.

The korokke turned out great too but I ran out of panko *waah* so I couldn't fry all of them.  So the first few korokke were the same color and texture as the chicken katsu but all the rest turned out more yellow-ish because of the lack of panko flakes. lol  They all still had the crispy texture so not a total loss if not for aesthetics.



So crispy...  (">w<")

Moral of the story is, frying food is a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.  You might get splashed with oil which hurts like a bitch, have to clean up the monstrous mess you make, and plan to stand up for a loooooong time.  The results are generally always worth your efforts if you plan right but the benefits will be for whoever gets to eat right away; most likely, that won't be you, lol.

I believe I started frying the chicken katsu at 7pm yesterday and didn't get to eat until midnight...  (T^T)
The korokke wasn't nearly as bad with the prepping but I was sad that I ran out of panko and couldn't finish the job with all my little potato patties.

I also made dog food today.  I'm seriously contemplating on buying a vegetable slicer, more specifically, a carrot slicer.  We cut baby carrots to mix into the dog food and to me it's a certain form of torture cutting all those little carrots into tiny pieces..  And when I think about buying a vegetable slicer, I also wonder if I should get a juicer.  I saw it on this show with the girl making fresh juice for her dad and thought that what can be any healthier than making your own fresh juice?  I hope these things don't turn out to be too expensive.  Ugh, I'm trying to save now too, bleeeeeeeh......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2