The Amazing Spider-Man: A sleek revamp of the series


I went to see The Amazing Spider-Man with dad earlier yesterday and I really liked it!  I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical of Andrew Garfield playing the role of Peter Parker but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he does fit the role, nicely.  I've gotta stop this bad habit, judging before watching, dammit... lol

My dad didn't seem to enjoy this film as much as I did.  He was saying something about it being too similar to the first Spider-Man movie and gave it a 6/10.  I thought, OMG is he serious?!  This film is almost nothing like the first besides the fact that Uncle Ben dies. :\  Some people's powers of observation are sadly weak!  (>_<)

I feel that this film is deserving of a 7 or 8/10.  The pace was a bit slow imo but it was well balanced with action and romance scenes.  It also seemed more innocent and not as emotionally heavy as the first installments of Spider-Man by Sam Raimi.  I think it's because this movie focuses more on Peter Parker's experiences while only in high school.  He doesn't appear to age beyond that in the movie.

For some reason, these scenes with the chick cleaning off wounds of a sexy shirtless guy really turns up the heat.  "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes......!"   (""">3<""")

Speaking of hot, this is one of the scenes that really got to me in a romantic way.  They wouldn't have had to say a single word and just by their actions, I could feel the strong emotions from both of them.

Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield have such amazing chemistry!  This was one of the things that I truly took home from the film.  They make a really nice couple and I mean, REALLY nice.  This film made Andrew Garfield so sexay too!  xD


Overall I thought the cinematography was cool and artistically done.  'Revamped' seems to be a good word to describe this film.  It really does have an updated quality in the scriptwriting AND appearance.

The scene above with the web in the sewer is one of my favorites.  It was a really neat way of showing Peter's more 'spider' side building his web but also using it to find the lizard-man through vibrations with all the different pathways.  Very creative imo, and kudos to whoever thought of this tastefully and resourcefully done scene.

I also found the humor nicely executed in this film.  Especially with the use of technology like in this same sewer scene with Spider-Man lounging on his web playing some kind of game on his cellphone.  lol

I feel like I enjoyed watching Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man because he was so refreshingly upbeat and funny!  He never really seemed to wallow in emo-ness for long.  It was a pretty big change from the more emotional portrayal by Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man.

I found that I liked this more happy-go-lucky, playful, and comedic portrayal of Spider-Man's character.  To me it was a welcome change because who doesn't want a superhero that isn't melancholy all/most of the time?

I look forward to the sequels for The Amazing Spider-Man and hope that Andrew Garfield continues his great new portrayal of a much less emo Spider-Man and of course, Emma Stone can continue doing her thing.  She's great with whatever movie I've seen her in so far being a smart and witty girl.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2