K-Dramas on Netflix: Secret Garden

I've started seeing lots of new K-dramas popping up on netflix.  My sis is already addicted to the Boys Before Flowers (BBF) drama, even though she's re-watching the episodes.  When I watch it again, I can see how ridiculous and cheesy the script is.  It's probably the outrageous scenarios that make that drama entertaining.  I also laugh because I wonder if some of the dramas are legit..... because the subtitles for BBF are HUGE, lmao.  Honestly, on some of the wordier parts of the drama, the subtitles literally fill half the TV screen.

Back to the main topic, most of the Netflix K-dramas are the ones I've already watched a while back such as BBF, Winter Sonata, Playful Kiss, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Protect the Boss, Lie to Me, etc.  There's actually a search genre for Korean dramas on the Netflix website I think.  Type in something like Korean TV Shows.

I recently got to watching the one called Secret Garden starring Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin.  To my surprise, I've gotten somewhat addicted to it.  I've gotten to about episode 4 or 5 where they finally have their "soul-switcheroo."


I wanted to mention that when I first saw this promotional picture, I was kind of turned off by it..  It may be because in the deeper part of my conscious, it reminded me of this Taiwanese drama called Meteor Garden with a similar poster layout..  hmmm.



Another funny thing is that when I saw THIS new promotional poster which I did like more, I still thought it resembled another drama's poster, more specifically, You're Beautiful.  lmao  


See the connection?  lol


I didn't think that I would ever see Ha Ji Won again after that flunk of a drama I watched of her when I was in middle school.  It was that drama where she was in Bali and omg, for a drama that started off so good, it ended so badly!  :(


But no matter, the past is past.  I actually find myself liking Ha Ji Won's performances.  She does a pretty great job portraying tough, independent, and sassy 'poor girls'.  I guess it's something about her being pretty yet having a very down-to-earth quality.  It makes her characters a lot more beautiful and real.


Ha Ji Won kinda holds a special place in my heart.  Maybe it's because for me, she's one of the first actresses I've ever watched in a Korean drama, especially a drama that I actually followed when I was only 13-years-old!  Hearts in Bali, why did you fail me???  D:


And the lead male actor!  Hyun Biiiiiiin~~~!!! <3 <3 <3  

I don't think I've ever seen a more handsome Korean actor.  Hyun Bin has this sort of aristocratic quality about him.  So it feels very natural watching him playing these snobby, rich tycoon-type of characters. 

I hear a lot of other drama scripts jokingly quoting him based on his physical attractiveness and now I know why.  This is the first drama I've ever seen him in and he does live up to his reputation! :D  
I mean, have you seen his cheekbones?  I've never seen anything like them!  IMO his face really looks like it was sculpted and chiseled because it's so angular! 


*Sigh* Hyun Bin also has such beautiful eyes..  Oh no, I'm fangirl-ing on him already. 
"I'm sexy and I know it."

Speaking of pleasing on the eyes, I also noticed this other actor in Secret Garden, Lee Philip.

                                                                                 .
                                                                                 .
                                                                                 .
                                                                                 .
                                                                                 .
                                                                                 .
                                                                                V 


Honestly, the first time I saw him, I thought he looked slightly off, like his eyes were too close together or something, lol.  But then I realized that it's mostly because he's so PRETTY!  
 This dude could seriously pass for a girl.  

I think K-drama producers purposefully make him and any other "pretty-boys" wear their hair long like this because it pleases the fangirls who go for the more feminine look.  And when I say 'pretty', I mean the guys who can pass off as girls with makeup.


I found this online somewhere and it's confirmed it for me; Lee Philip is a true pretty-boy. 


Overall, I really like Secret Garden so far.  It definitely passed my expectations and it's different from other fantasy dramas because it seemed to build the relationship between the two lead characters for a good few episodes before throwing in its fantasy twist.

I hope I can find more good K-dramas like this one to watch on Netflix because it's so much nicer to watch dramas on a big screen TV instead of on my computer. x3

Comments

Can't find kdramas on my netflix.. what country are you in? :(
. said…
I watched it in the USA. If it doesn't work in your country, you could try online, more selection.

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2