Practicing Disney drawings

Believe it or not, I was inspired by POGO's Winnie The Pooh remix to make a Disney drawing.  x)  It's a very cute, relaxing, and child-like remix.

I don't know when I'll finish it but I'm hoping I get it done before the summer is over.  I started practicing again because my original style of drawing is anime/manga so when I attempt to draw Disney characters, their eyes are always larger than they should be; It's weird because everyone always talks about how big Disney character's eyes are. lol

I want to create a fanart where a few of the Disney child characters from England are all at a cafe or in any place where they'll be eating food.  I got the idea of the Disney characters from England because while listening to that Winnie the Pooh remix, I realized that Christopher Robin is from England and then so is Wendy, Alice, etc.  The cafe idea came from Maid Cafes in Japan.
Yes, MAID CAFES.

My sister got to go to one of these cafe's before me and omg, was I jealous!  I'm a bit more of a Japan fanatic compared to her so when she told me about this..... ah, I don't even want to go there.  She took lots of pictures and I saw the super kawaii desserts that they got to eat, which included this really adorable parfait that had an animal face on top of it.

So there you go, that is my inspiration for this fanart that I want to make.  I'll definitely post it on here and perhaps some work in progress (WIP) pics while I'm at it.

I'm starting with Alice because she's really adorable and I thought it would be a good place to start.

Here's my first attempt at drawing her.  And of course I used references~!  Did you think I drew her from memory? xP


I thought this was cool because I usually suck at drawing Disney characters and somehow she indeed looks like a legit Disney character!  You know how there's all those rules about how you have to draw them to get everything right from how the hair is drawn to how far apart the eyes should be...  I remember watching videos in the past of Disney animators talking about how to draw the characters and they're REALLY specific on how to draw them, doing measurements and everything.

I actually did make her eyes too big so all I had to do was shrink them a bit and viola!  She magically looked like how she should!  I was amazed at how much of a difference that small detail made.

Well, I hope whoever reads this likes this post.  I'm always blabbing about how I'm an artistic person but I never back it up with some of my artwork.  Hopefully this will help to credit my claims.

Thanks for reading & oyasumiiiiii!

Comments

hershoutouts said…
Is this café in England? :o Did you manage to go there too? I hope you did! I want to go there too!!! x) It sounds like a wonderful place. *daydream*

Haha, you're really a good artistic person! ^_^ I like the way you draw. You drew her beautifully and cuute!~ ~~~I look forward to see more of your drawings, hehee ^_____^
MiNapi said…
@hershoutouts, no the cafe was actually in Japan. I don't remember where, I think it was either Shibuya or Akihabara.

I never got to go there yet... (T.T) Which is why I was so jealous~! xD

My sister described it as there were a lot of guys there (lol, pervs) and the maids would bring them their desserts and make some heart symbol with their hands and tell them to say "kawaii!".. Something like that.

Sadly I have not been to England or anywhere beyond Boston yet.

Thank you so much! It makes me really happy to know that someone likes them. :D
Okay, I'll try not to disappoint!
hershoutouts said…
Oh, I see....... ;___;

HAHA, 'pervs' xD
I don't know why, but I just found it very funny ;u; I'm going to search for the maid cafes on google now.

You're welcome! ^-^
:3

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2