Spring skipped out this year & Mother's Day Adventures

Starting off with a beautiful shot of the sunset.

It's really hot these days and this has been going on since April.  I'm seriously considering that maybe global warming isn't total bs after all.  :/

The temperature has been in the 80's and it only backs down into the high 70's on cooler days.  I find it a bit sad because my tulips really took a beating this year.  There were rarely any days with mild spring weather and instead, we were met with either super cold snowy days or scorching hot days... wtf.

It's like it's getting hotter and dryer each year.  Here's proof: http://mikun-revenge.blogspot.com/2011/08/spring-2011.html

The spring from a couple years ago was so much more flowery with much, much cooler weather.  Now look at it...  My tulips are dry and deader than ever and flowers were pretty much nonexistent save for a few blossoms here and there.

This year, it's like we jumped straight into summer without having the chance to enjoy the spring weather and flowers.  I'm really mad at Mother Nature about this because I was so looking forward to spring flowers after the dry spring we had the previous year as well.

The result of bipolar weather extremes... ( T . T )

Anyway, I have one day left of work and then I get to paaartay!  lol, jk.

But yeah, I'll get a good break.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing since I'm trying to save money but I do know that I have a lot of job searching to do and TV shows to catch up on (aka, Game of Thrones!!!). ;)

I finally finished watching Xam'd: Lost Memories and I'll be writing a mini review on the ending of the series very soon.  I was slightly disappointed with the second arc of that anime..


Since I didn't make a post about Mother's Day, I thought I would talk about it in this post.  Me and my family ended up going up to the mountain foothills for a hike.  We went around 2pm and it was pretty hot.  I like hiking but I hate hot weather.  It sucks away at my soul.

At least Scruffy had fun. x)

Scruffs cooling off his paws in the creek.  It's cute how he's not really a water loving dog yet he'll still explore the creek.


For some reason, this house reminded me of rural Europe.


 Wandering into the mini waterfall.

The Scruffle only eats the freshest greens... lol


Game of Thrones scenery! :D

"Okay, I'm outta here."

"The hiiiiills are alive... with the sound of muuuuusiiiiic!"

 Goodbye rural house.  You shall be missed.

It was a good day.  A beautiful day actually.  I just wish it was a little cooler.  xD



This is a patbingsu/kakigori watermelon combo I created.  It has sweet red beans, vanilla ice cream, shaved ice, chopped watermelon, and strawberry/kiwi ice syrup.

It's really refreshing and delicious for hot summer days and even nights!  This was the first 'pakigori' of the summer.  

This is the only thing that makes me look forward to inferno weather. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2