No Falsie Makeup #1: Eyeshadow for Eyeliner

False eyelashes seem to be all the rage these days and along with applying mascara, makeup gurus and many other girls seem to be using them. I agree that they give eyes a big extra boost and open then up like nothing else can but using them too often can make us start to rely on them a bit too much. I was one of these people and I started to feel like it was unhealthy that I couldn't rely on my own natural eyelashes to do the job.

I have a friend who uses false eyelashes almost every day and her eyelids don't look so great. Sometimes they're okay but others, they're red, swollen, and dry. This hasn't happened to me yet but I think about it sometimes. Putting eyelash adhesive on your eyelids probably doesn't do any initial damage if done correctly but I'm sure that over time, it can start to show damaging effects as I saw from my friend.

So I decided to create these "No Falsies" looks for eye makeup to give the eyes a break if you want to go for a lighter makeup look without using false lashes. I know that there are a lot of other makeup looks out there without false lashes but I noticed that when I used them, I would STILL feel insecure because I didn't have my falsies on. Something was missing. So I tried a few different things and I came up with some solutions that are similar to basic eye makeup, but with a little something extra.
I think these looks I use are a good transition from the dramatic eyelash makeup. It's all about adding dimension and length to the eyes and not too much about the mascara and how long your eyelashes are. I try to distract from the eyelashes and create different things about the eyes to focus on. For this look, I used brown eyeshadows as I was inspired by the makeup from Japanese fashion magazines.

Without further ado, here's my first tutorial on "No Falsie Makeup." ;)

I don't know how common this is but it's one of my favorite things to do when I'm in a rush and/or planning on a long day.

I usually like to use the darker eye shadows (duh) in place of eyeliner like black or a darker brown. This works really well if you want a softer look to your eyes. Another good use for this method is if you're anticipating a long day and are worried about your makeup smudging which is why this look forbids eyeliner of any kind.

I took some pictures of the steps and slapped them together in photoshop. The pictures weren't the greatest so I thought I'd make up for it with a little photoshop action. xP

For my eyeshadow palette, I used the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes (it's the picture at the top).



Hope this tutorial helped! ;D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2