Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 & 2

Hooray for the 100th post~! (^0^)

I finally got to watching the last installment of the Harry Potter series (The Deathly Hallows Pt2) last night with my dad (and may I add that he was so loud, especially on the quiet parts of the movie, I even had to elbow him and tell him to be quiet... And then he's laugh at inappropriate times, so embarrassing, thank God it was dark).

Sorry to say but after viewing it for the first time, I really prefer Pt1. I don't know why, maybe it's because I liked the scenery better or those particular scenes opposed to the 2nd part of the movie. My favorite scenes were the one with the doe patronus and Harry & party running down the streets of London and when they infiltrated the ministry.

I'd have to watch the last Hp movie again to give a better review because sometimes when I watch the movie again, I have a better impression of it.

The last movie was full of effects and flare. I was trying REALLY hard not to compare it to the book. Don't know why but I had a harder time not comparing this part of the last movie compared the the one before this. I guess it's because of very pivotal scenes that I expect the movie to stay loyal to the book and the movie didn't deliver on some of those aspects. Not sure why they would choose certain locations and certain ways of portraying certain scenes when they could have easily done it in the book's location. That's my only peeve. I also didn't really care for that falling scene with Harry and Voldemort because it was quite funny when it's probably not supposed to be. I can already picture my sister laughing her ass off while watching that scene as she can't take too many things seriously. xP

I really do have a lot of criticism for this movie. I don't know why, I guess I didn't feel that clever magic that I felt in pt1 like how Harry, Ron, and Hermione infiltrated the ministry. I noticed that there weren't nearly as many settings as there was in pt1. The conclusion came quite fast for me. I didn't have too much issue with the acting as the cast is already brilliant with their character delivery. Well, that's my initial reaction to it.

The epilogue was meh. I can't see them as adults with a transition that close but what can they do. Even though the epilogue was somewhat cheeseball-ish, I feel it still was needed.. Guess that part can't really be helped, especially when Harry named his son Albus Severus Potter.... Yikes.

Overall, I can't give a very good review right now but I just wanted to give my initial reaction which wasn't as great as I wished. Maybe it's because I was sitting next to my dad who couldn't shut up and it sort of ruined the atmosphere for me? Who knows, I'll have to see when I watch it again.

Lots of people are saying that it's a great ending so eeeeeh, maybe there's something wrong with my evaluation? (>_<)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does Lightning look so different in FFXIII Lightning Returns? [SPOILERS-!]

Anime Food!: Brock's Cream Stew